Welcome to the website of 'Catalysis for Energy Conversion
‘CatEC’ is a research group of heterogeneous
(photo)catalysis at KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC).
Our research focuses on development of efficient catalysts for new energy conversion system
for sustainable development. We not only develop novel catalysts but also understand kinetics and reaction mechanisms by examining
rates of the reactions experimentally.
Takanabe's lab opens 1 PhD and 1 Postdoc Researcher positions for breakthrough researches (Aug 30, 2015).
Join us and enjoy science!
group emphasizes team-research, requiring you as a team player. Excellent
communication skills in English are mandatory. Successful candidates will work
with state-of-the-art instrumentation in a highly collaborative,
multidisciplinary environment. Group members will have excellent opportunities
for mastering new experimental techniques and for authoring high profile research
publications. KAUST offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits
package for all the accepted students.
Main research topics are as follows:
- Photocatalysis and photoelectrochemistry for solar
- Electrocatalysis for fuel cell and CO2 reduction
- Natural gas conversion and reforming to syngas
- Catalysis and system development for hydrogen
The materials of interest include various metals/oxides to
nitrides/carbides/sulfides. We are challenging to find solutions to the
problems of global warming and future energy supply.
Principal investigator of the group is Kazuhiro Takanabe,
who is responsible for the following projects:
- The PI of the KCC Photocatalytic water splitting Project
- The PI of the KCC Reforming Project
- The PI of the KAUST/Imperial College London
Joint Collaborative AEA3 Project
- The PI of the ARAMCO Collaborative Project (new
- The PI of the ARAMCO Collaborative Project (Reforming)
- The Co-I of the SABIC Collaborative Project (natural gas conversion)
- The PI of the KAUST/UC Berkeley Joint
Collaborative AEA3 Project
- The Co-I of the ARAMCO Collaborative Project
Please visit and enjoy other pages in this website for